There is something super special about your first Mother's Day... or at least I hope so! Being this is my first Mother's Day I had to drop some hints... I hope lovingly reciting a list out loud to my baby within earshot of my husband did the trick! And being married, I now have multiple mother’s to shop for! These are the things on my wish/shopping list and I think the moms on your list will love them too!
So what tops my list?
1. Lash extensions.
Other mom's can agree with me on this: you have about 3.5 seconds in between feeding and dressing your babe to get yourself ready to go out. And if you're like me it's spent putting on a BB cream that contains SPF, a swipe of bronzer and you're out the door (hopefully before you get spit up on!) so having a beautiful set of lashes saves you time you would be putting on mascara. Added bonus you are date night ready! Ask your kiddies (or hubby!) for an MV Beauty Lab Gift Certificate (any denomination over $25). You can get lash extensions, a lash lift and tint, even a Chemical Peel Facial. Your MV Beauty Lab gift certificate will be put to good use - trust me!
2. Speaking of eyes: eye cream is really a must on any skin care regime. Especially after long nights up with a baby! The Multi Function Eye Cream from Rodan and Fields ($71) is great for your mom or yourself to help fade dark under-eyes and smooth wrinkles.
3. Oh Jewelry… The gift that always fits. I just adore this Infinity necklace for moms who like simplicity. It’s classic, you can wear it with most everything, and it’s Tiffany so you know mom will love opening a blue box on Mother's Day. Perfect combo.
4. For the mom that likes a little more bling these earrings from Swarovski are beautiful! And it’s like getting two different pairs, you can wear them as studs or with the pearl dangle.
5. We all know a little bit of colour can boost a girls confidence by 10! Package up a little St Tropez self tanner ($51) with a Hoola Lite bronzer for a holiday in a bottle. Because a good bronze is worth its weight in gold.
A little swipe of bronzer on your freshly self-tanned skin and you instantly look more awake, healthy, and your eyes will look brighter. A classic you are bound to already find in Mom's makeup bag is BENEFIT COSMETICS Hoola Lite bronzer ($38) Why not pick up something you already know she loves.
6. Your hands don't lie about your age. The best way to keep them looking youthful is a brightening hand cream plus wearing an SPF on them. My hands are always dry and cracked (constant hand washing with an infant!) so the Hand Brightening Treatment + Age Shield Hand Balm ($81 for the duo) package is on my wish list. Not only do all women love hand cream, but this duo defends against the tell-tale signs of skin aging – brown spots, thin, creping skin, wrinkles and dryness –And it brightens so your hands won’t give away your age!
7. I adore flowers. I don't think this one needs explaining. It's a classic gift for a reason! Fresh flowers really are the most underrated luxury.
8. Do you know know what most mom’s want for Mother’s Day? Quality time with their family. We suggest getting your mom The Taste Box subscription (discounted to $14.95 this month) for Mother's Day! This month's box is PicNic Essentials themed! Bonus points for making a meal out of the "picnic themed" May box and packing up a basket for lunch with mom in the park. She’ll love it! And it’s really the gift that keeps giving because a new box will be delivered with quality ingredients and great recipes every month!
9. To add to our last suggestion, why not pack it up in this gorgeous Ascot Settler Picnic Basket for 4. It comes with wine glasses (wink wink!). Do we need to say anymore?
That completes my first Mother's Day wish list and I hope it helps you pick something lovely for your mom!
***All Rodan & Fields products and Gift Certificates fror MV Beauty Lab can be ordered by email firstname.lastname@example.org